Responsible for all administrative activities related to various projects from conception to completion. The Construction Manager will participate in all phases of the bidding and construction processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the Senior PM and Production Team in the pre-bid phase by assisting in jobsite research and site evaluation.
• Participate in the bid analysis, research local market materials and labor costs, catalogue photos, investigate required laws and ordinances, obtain necessary permits, schedule and perform onsite walks with contractors, designers, management and the client.
• Acquire and present proposed bids and services required for the project.
• Manage the design process from schematic drawings through finalized construction drawings, create specification sheets, interact with design, construction, management, and complete scope requirements and budget documents.
• Manage the procurement of construction services, contract award and buy-out, authoring of RFI’s, industry-standard documents and exhibits and ability to produce contract documents.
• Coordinate and direct construction and manage contractors/subcontractors/vendors to meet contractual scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
• Conduct and lead construction meetings, prepare and distribute reports, track change order requests, risk analysis, track problem issues and communicate project updates and solutions to stakeholders.
• Responsible for monitoring the project’s budget, change order administration, contractor payments, coordination of contractors/sub-contractors after award of contract.
• Scheduling and coordinating with management, change orders, punch lists, and certificates of completion.
• Responsible for the final project inspection, punch lists, verification and collection of all required tests, reports, approvals, warranty documents, lien waivers and authorization of final payments.
• Familiarity with accepted buildings practices, materials and techniques, knowledge of common and general code requirements, ADA requirements, architectural systems and components, permitting processes and requirements, market pricing and lien waivers.
• Capable of understanding legal contracts, AIA documents and other related construction forms.
• Experience and knowledge base of the multifamily due diligence process. Collecting discovery information and generating proposed scopes, schedules and budgets.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• This position requires the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the project lifecycle.
• Understanding and management of bid process, analytical and costing skills.
• Project management experience effectively maintaining the Scope, Schedule, and Budget.
• High communication skills capable of controlling and maintaining fluid and effective communication data with contractors, vendors, clients, and within our company.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Frequently communicate expectations regarding project goals and follow through on progress.
• Adapt to new management tools while adhering to file management methodologies.
• Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw called conclusions, and initiate appropriate courses of action.
• Must effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities and implement accordingly. • Five years of experience in the construction field, either new construction, renovation, or development. Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Construction Management, Construction/Building Science, Engineering, Business Management, Architecture or Design. Multifamily experience is preferred.
• Ability to read/interpret construction blueprints.
• Computer and Software: currently skilled in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Able to travel in and out of state.