Imagine being able to drive through New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, DC and beyond and point out all the glass you’ve sold!
Creativity, technical prowess, people skills, internal drive, charisma, and managing multiple priorities are skills that enable this person to work with window manufacturers, glazing contractors, architects and builders alike to develop architectural glass sales.
The Inside Architectural Sales Representative is an energetic, hungry, and charismatic member of the Blue Star Glass team who applies extensive product, technical, and application expertise to promote Blue Star Glass’s architectural glass fabrication range. The position establishes strong relationships with the Glazing, Window, Architectural and Design communities and services this group. In addition, the position collaborates with BSG’s sales team, top management, vendors, key customers and other relevant industry influencers. The Inside Architectural Sales Representative takes pride in his/her work and feels directly responsible for their own growth and the growth of the company. The Inside Architectural Sales Rep. is confident, professional, charismatic, and unafraid.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximizes BSG’s growth in sales volume, gross profit and industry position, with a particular focus on the architectural glass business.
- Follows up on quotes generated by existing clients.
- Generates new leads by monitoring activity, territory activity and strategically promotes BSG’s offering.
- Proactively develops relationships with influencers including but not limited to glazing contractors, window manufacturers, spec writers, owners, construction managers and general contractors to increase preference and demand for BSG products and services.
- Proven ability to identify key decision makers and build relationships. Does so by continuous research, calling, emailing, and visiting decision makers.
- Will leverage the help of BSG’s team, ownership and key people to effectively and strategically land jobs.
- Launches and promotes target products and programs.
- Monitors competitive activity, territory activity and strategically promotes BSG’s offering.
- Works closely with outside sales team to produce sales.
- Must be able to confidently and accurately represent the company and occasionally make presentations to clients/influencers.
- Responsible for submitting and sending samples for client approvals.
- Responsible for submitting and sending submittal packages including specifications, performance, etc.
- Maintains and regularly updates in Salesforce.com with all projects where BSG is/could be specified and share the information with key BSG team members.
- Team play is essential with this entrepreneurial individual contributor role.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires technical expertise/aptitude.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Salesforce.com is used daily to record and share information. Other industry related computer skills (FeneVision, Planswift, CAD, REVIT, Sketch Up, Presentation software, etc.) are a plus.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- Physical requirements include the ability to carry 30 lbs and drive a car (valid driver’s license required).
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Design, Marketing, Business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Years of Experience:
- A minimum two years of Architectural Sales experience or Project Management experience in a construction or architectural firm is preferred.
- BSG offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and life insurance; paid holidays and vacations.