Blue Star Glass
Founded in 2007, Blue Star Glass, Inc. is a commercial architectural glass fabricator located in Central New Jersey. Servicing NJ, NYC Metro Area, NY, PA, CT & MA, Blue Star Glass has quickly grown to be one of the Northeast’s leading glass fabricators. With top-of-the-line American and European equipment, Blue Star Glass is proud of its superior quality and efficient work capacity. Blue Star Glass looks forward to continued growth, through new technologies and products, an excellent work force and regional expansion in years to come.
We are seeking a motivated, driven candidate who will join our team to coordinate purchasing and logistical activities for our manufacturing processes. This is a very high-level position where you will interact with all company departments, manufacturers, suppliers and freight carriers, both domestic and international, via phone, email and fax. The ability to prioritize and multi-task is critical to success. Blue Star Glass will provide all the tools necessary to thrive and develop with our rapidly growing company.
- Owner of full purchasing, international shipping, logistics and inventory management.
- Purchasing parts and raw materials from vendors
- Request, review and evaluate vendor quotes to provide the company with strategic savings
- Maintain accurate tracking and schedules of freight/shipping schedules
- Constantly monitor, maintain and track current inventory usage. Ensuring proper management and lead time is given to ensure no disruption of production.
- Maintain inventory records and tracking within HILTI OnTrack database as well as other ERP solutions.
- Track daily inventory costs. Ensuring master price book is up to date.
- Negotiate and maintain product costs. Coordinate national and international freight traffic and costs.
- Work with production to ensure maximum inventory control and oversight.
- Other department duties as required by Management.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong command of the English language
- Must be HIGHLY organized. Able to organize import schedules and work through time constraints.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to problem solve, work issues thoroughly and economically
- 1-3 years’ experience in a purchasing/logistics position preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of HILTI systems or other inventory management systems a plus
- Desire to implement efficiency improvements and constantly seek out ways to learn
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salaried, competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Purchasing: 1 year
- Logistics: 1 year