Blue Star Glass (“The Company”) is seeking an Architectural Glass Estimator.
The candidate must have thorough knowledge of building plans/architectural drawings, specifications as well as the technical specifications and properties of glass OR WILLINGNESS TO LEARN. We are looking for experienced candidates with experience in drafting/estimating/construction/architectural glass and glazing looking to take on greater roles and responsibilities and learn under our Head Estimator! Willing to train if Estimating experience outside of Glass/Glazing.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Project Manager or Estimator in the Construction Industry.
Competitive salary, benefits, vacation, health insurance. Looking to hire ASAP. Please email resume with salary requirements.
Previous experience within architectural glass space is preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for commercial glass to our clients/customers.
- Focus on computer literacy is a must as the role requires experience and willingness to learn various business and building plan software/systems.
- Provide cost proposals to clients based off building plans/architectural drawings, and computer software.
- Analyze building plans/architectural drawings.
- Submit bid documents accurately/timely and in according with client requirements.
- Enter orders and assist sales teams with orders, specifications and incoming customer calls/inquiries.
- Work collaboratively with our clients find solutions to their needs.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of estimates, projects, pricing, price books, customer contact and change orders.
- Constantly stay up-to-date on the cutting edge in architectural glass.
- Interact with production teams.
- React quickly to changing business needs; think on your feet as projects change.
Estimator Job Requirements
- Ideal candidate will have experience estimating within the glazing or construction space.
- Experience estimating projects from building plans/architectural drawings and specifications providing detailed specifications on different systems and glass types.
- Experience analyzing building/safety codes, contracts, budget sheets etc.…
- Good working knowledge of glass products and building systems to assist clients with project needs.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written as well as experience speaking with customers daily.
- Detail oriented with Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with computer software such as computer-aided drafting software, CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Organized self-starter who can work under tight deadlines, juggling multiple projects
- Able to work independently
Salary: Highly Competitive