Blue Star Glass (“The Company”) is seeking an Architectural Glass Estimator.
The candidate must have thorough knowledge of building plans/architectural drawings, specifications as well as the technical specifications and properties of glass OR WILLINGNESS TO LEARN. We are looking for experienced candidates with 1-4 years’ experience in drafting/estimating/construction/architectural glass and glazing looking to take on greater roles and responsibilities and learn under our Head Estimator! Willing to train if Estimating experience outside of Glass/Glazing.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Project Manager with a Glazing Company.
Competitive salary, benefits, vacation, health insurance. Looking to hire ASAP. Please email resume with salary requirements.
Previous experience within architectural glass space is preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for commercial glass to our clients/customers.
- Focus on computer literacy is a must as the role requires experience and willingness to learn various business and building plan software/systems.
- Provide cost proposals to clients based off building plans/architectural drawings, and computer software.
- Analyze building plans/architectural drawings.
- Submit bid documents accurately/timely and in according with client requirements.
- Enter orders and assist sales teams with orders, specifications and incoming customer calls/inquiries.
- Work collaboratively with our clients find solutions to their needs.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of estimates, projects, pricing, price books, customer contact and change orders.
- Constantly stay up-to-date on the cutting edge in architectural glass.
- Interact with production teams.
- React quickly to changing business needs; think on your feet as projects change.
Estimator Job Requirements
- Ideal candidate will have experience estimating within the glazing or architectural glass space. 1-4 years experience.
- Experience estimating projects from building plans/architectural drawings and specifications providing detailed specifications on different systems and glass types.
- Experience analyzing building/safety codes, contracts, budget sheets etc.…
- Good working knowledge of glass products and building systems to assist clients with project needs.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written as well as experience speaking with customers daily.
- Detail oriented with Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with computer software such as computer-aided drafting software, CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Organized self-starter who can work under tight deadlines, juggling multiple projects
- Able to work independently
Salary: Highly Competitive