Blue Star Glass (“The Company”) is seeking an Architectural Glass Estimator.
The candidate will be passionate about architecture and the modern use of high-end glass in construction with a desire to work with leading architects, designers and contractors on landmark projects across the region.
The primary focus of the role is to provide timely and accurate estimates for commercial glass to our customers/clients by analyzing buildings plans/architectural drawings. The ideal candidate will have thorough experience in the architectural/commercial glass industry (focus on estimating) either in commercial glass fabrication, glazing, storefront implementation and/or curtain walls. The candidate must have thorough knowledge of building plans/architectural draws, specifications as well as the technical specifications and properties of glass OR WILLINGNESS TO LEARN. We are looking for experienced candidates with 4+ years’ experience in drafting/estimating/construction/architectural glass and glazing looking to take on greater roles and responsibilities and learn under our Head Estimator!
Previous experience within architectural glass space is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for commercial glass to our clients/customers.
- Provide cost proposals to clients based off building plans/architectural drawings, and computer software.
- Analyze building plans/architectural drawings.
- Submit bid documents accurately/timely and in according with client requirements.
- Enter orders and assist sales teams with orders, specifications and incoming customer calls/inquiries.
- Work collaboratively with our clients find solutions to their needs.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of estimates, projects, pricing, price books, customer contact and change orders.
- Constantly stay up-to-date on the cutting edge in architectural glass.
- Interact with production teams.
- React quickly to changing business needs; think on your feet as projects change.
Estimator Job Requirements
- Ideal candidate will have 4+ years’ experience estimating within the glazing or architectural glass space.
- Ideal candidate will have 4-year degree in relevant discipline (engineering, construction management…)
- Experience estimating projects from building plans/architectural drawings and specifications providing detailed specifications on different systems and glass types.
- Experience analyzing building/safety codes, contracts, budget sheets etc.…
- Good working knowledge of glass products and building systems to assist clients with project needs.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written as well as experience speaking with customers daily.
- Detail oriented with Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with computer software such as computer-aided drafting software, CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Organized self-starter who can work under tight deadlines, juggling multiple projects
- Able to work independently
Blue Star Glass is growing rapidly and we are always seeking competitive and highly motivated candidates. If you are a candidate with a proven track record of success, immense desire to learn and grow with a fast moving company, we want to hear from you! This is an unparalleled opportunity where you will have the chance to truly make a real impact in the business and learn much along the way.
For more information, please visit our website at www.bluestarglass.net